Luigi Aloys-François-Joseph LOIR, called Luigi LOIR
(Göritz, 1845 – Paris, 1916)
Presumed view of the Petit-Andely
Signed lower right
30 x 46 cm
Luigi LOIR entered the School of Fine Arts in Parma in 1853. Ten years later, he came to Paris and worked in the studio of decorator PASTELOT. In 1865, he debuted at the Salon and was noticed there. But during this first part of his career, he continued to make decorative painting. After the war of 1870, during which he distinguished himself in the battle of the Bourget, he devoted himself almost exclusively to painting views of Paris. Faithful exponent of French Artists Salon, he won a third medal in 1879, a second medal and a gold medal in 1889 at the Universal Exhibition in Paris. He was awarded of the Legion of Honour in 1898.
Museums : Bordeaux, Boulogne-sur-Mer, Moscow (Gal. Tretiakov), Nancy, Nantes, New-York, Nice, Paris (Petit Palais), Prague, Le Puy-en-Velay, Vienna (Gal. Mod.), Auxerre, Avranches, Bar-Le-Duc…